Director of Tax… Acquisitive and Growing Company…Expand your skill-set…San Diego!
A growing life science company is expanding into new markets and is looking to add a Director of Tax to their team. This is an important Leadership role that requires global tax knowledge and experience setting up a legal entity. The role will also include some treasury related to international cash management and international tax related issues. This is therefore a great opportunity for a Tax professional to expand their skill-set to include Treasury and some Finance. The ideal candidate will have: 12+ years of progressive tax experience, exposure to – or interest in and capability to learn -- treasury, Big4 public accounting experience, and solid international tax knowledge. This role will also require strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to build a team over time.
- Manage and lead all tax activities including corporate federal, international, state and local taxes, indirect taxes, provisions (ASC 740), VAT, and other taxes.
- Set up and maintain legal tax entity tax structures.
- Assist in managing and monitoring international cash management initiatives.
- Manage/lead transfer pricing transactions.
- Lead and mentor a small team and build the team as appropriate.
- Degree in Accounting and CPA required. Master’s in Tax and/or Accounting strongly preferred.
- Former Big4 Public Accounting experience required.
- 12+ years of progressive tax experience including broad experience in most areas (must have some international).
- Treasury exposure and experience, or the facility and strong interest in learning Treasury, particularly as it relates to international Cash Management.
Please email Katherine Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this opportunity and would like to be considered.