Accounting Manager…High-tech Manufacturing... Sunny San Diego!
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to enjoy your peers and your work-place? We have an outstanding opportunity to join a leading San Diego technology company where you will lead, manage and mentor an already strong accounting team. We are looking for someone with great management and mentorship skills, strong technical and analytic skills, and positive communication skills. We like to work happy, and therefore like to hire people who enjoy making a positive difference! Our ideal candidate will have experience in public accounting, have completed their CPA, have 7-10 years of progressive accounting and/or audit experience, and be someone who enjoys a growing and dynamic environment.
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team of 4-6 accountants
- Lead the team in financial reporting for inventory valuation, reserve analysis, compliance, and related COGS accounting and analysis
- Review and sometimes assist team with monthly journal entries and account reconciliations and monthly closing of the inventory module
- Work cross-functionally with Operations and Logistics
- Ensure accordance with GAAP compliance and assist with relevant regulations and international compliance
- Assist in our audit process by preparing and reviewing relevant cost and inventory schedules
- Bachelor’s in Accounting. CPA required, and a Masters in Accounting or MBA a plus.
- 3+ years at a public accounting firm – Manager level a plus
- Experience with an ERP System (SAP or Oracle preferred)
- Sound knowledge of financial statements, GAAP, and accounting
- Experience with average costing is a plus, but not required.
Please send your resume to Oliver Thomas at email@example.com if you have the requisite experience and a strong desire to be part of a fast-growing technology company.