Staff Accountant / Bookkeeper - Investment Business
Join a family-run investment company as the Accountant / Bookkeeper reporting to a CPA. You will have the opportunity wear many hats in this multi-faceted role and learn about a variety of businesses that make up the company’s investment portfolio including commercial real estate, property management, foundation grants, and brokerage trading.
- Work in Quickbooks to do the accounting for 40 different entities
- Assist with the monthly close and preparing financial reports
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for accounts such as Cash, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable
- Handle invoicing for properties along with tenant improvements including managing construction projects
- Reconcile brokerage statements
- Perform ad hoc projects and analysis as assigned
- Degree in Accounting or Finance along with proven tenures with small companies
- Strong Quickbook experience along with Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables and V-Lookups
- Strong experience with vendor invoicing, Cash, AR, AP and other GL accounts and reconciliations
- Experience in the real estate and property management industry preferred
- Strong communication skills with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and willingness to take on ad hoc projects and tasks as needed
Please send your resume to email@example.com if you have the requisite experience and the desire to work in a small family-run business where talent, productivity and loyalty are all rewarded.