Accounting Supervisor – Entertainment Industry – San Diego
Join a leading entertainment and media company based in San Diego as the next Accounting Supervisor. You will manage a small team and oversee the company’s monthly close and accounting processes including reporting, royalty accounting, and a variety of ad hoc analysis. You will report to and work closely with the CFO, and interact with other executives and business leaders. This is a great opportunity to join and lead a small team in a great location and environment.
- Lead the day-to-day accounting function including financial statement preparation and all month-end close responsibilities.
- Manage a small team responsible for general accounting and including royalty accounting to ensure the appropriate royalties are calculated and accounted for accurately.
- Work directly with the CFO on budgeting, forecasting, ad-hoc analysis, troubleshooting and market research in support of the business.
- Establish and streamline policies and procedures to ensure GAAP compliance and to improve efficiencies.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have the requisite experience, the ability to learn quickly and an interest in leading a team at a company that boasts a great culture and fun work environment.
- Degree in Accounting required. Masters in Accounting or Tax and/or a CPA strongly preferred.
- Four to eight (4-8) years of progressive accounting experience including supervisory experience required.
- Experience in the entertainment and/or publishing industry including royalty accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think two steps ahead and anticipate needs and issues related to the business desired.
- Positive attitude with good communication, mentorship, and leadership skills required.