Senior Accountant – Public Biotech Company – San Diego!
Join a publicly-traded biotech company, get great mentorship and opportunities to learn, and contribute to a successful accounting team. You will assist in the accounting for issues such as stock-based compensation, global consolidations, and eliminations. This is a great opportunity to both learn and make a positive impact at a growing company. Apply today!
- Perform complex accounting related to multiple SEC reporting areas such as stock-based compensation, intercompany consolidations and eliminations, taxes and more
- Be a point person for the external auditors to provide support and assist in SOX compliance testing
- Ensure that general ledger reconciliations are accurate in order to ensure timely monthly, quarterly, and annual closing of the books
Please email your resume to email@example.com if you meet the requisite experience, and want to use your experience to make a difference!
- Two to five years of progressive accounting experience within a CPA firm (Big4 experience a plus, but not required)
- Experience accounting for publicly traded companies a plus, but intelligence and the ability to learn quickly are most important
- Masters in Accounting and CPA - or progression towards the CPA – are highly preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting and the ability to research an issue if necessary required
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate cross-functionally with management and other departments (legal, finance, etc…)